REC August 2018 Report on Jobs Summary
Summarised findings from throughout July 2018 published in the REC Report on Jobs Summary.
“The rise in interest rates for only the second time in a decade may leave some people feeling the pinch. But a new job is one way people can ease the burden on their finances. With our data showing starting salaries continuing to rise, the latest official government figures suggest that we are finally seeing the effects of a tighter labour market feed through to pay.
Following a period of turbulence and big-name closures, the World Cup and heatwave had retailers enjoying a ‘Summer Bounce’ and basking in the sun with demand for temporary staff on the up with many businesses positively revising their hiring plans.’ – Sophie Wingfield, Head of Policy at REC
Key Points form the July Survey:
- Permanent placements expand at a sharper rate
- A steeper rise in temp billings
- Permanent candidate supply continues to all sustainability
- Slightly softer fall in temp worker availability
- The skills shortages reported within Accountancy/Finance permanent roles during July 2018 are:
- The skills shortages reported within Accountancy/Finance temporary roles during July 2018 are:
Follow us on Twitter for more Financial and Recruiting News @CMCConsultingUK