REC September 2018 Report on Jobs Summary
Summarised findings from throughout August 2018 published in the REC Report on Jobs Summary.
“Businesses are getting on with it driving Britain’s growth – jobs are being created and starting salaries are rising. There are big opportunities out there for candidates right now looking for a new role.
But how long our labour market can defy gravity if the shape of our future trading arrangements with the EU remains unclear is the big question. Companies are starting to implement contingency plans now – and those who aren’t will need to step up progress.
The biggest long-term question on jobs is how they will be affected by new technology and stiff price competition driven by value-conscious consumers. For recruiters, helping people find pathways from sectors like retail into growing sectors will both boost opportunity and address candidate shortages in key sectors.” Neil Carberry, Chief Executive at the REC
Key Points form the August Survey:
· Stronger expansion in permanent placements, but temp billings growth softens
· Starting salaries increase at the second – fastest rate in over three years
· Staff vacancies continue to rise at a historically marked pace
· The skills shortages reported within Accountancy/Finance permanent roles during August 2018 are:
o Credit Control
· The skills shortages reported within Accountancy/Finance temporary roles during August 2018 are:
o Credit Controllers
Follow us on Twitter for more Financial and Recruiting News @CMCConsultingUK