A leading global retailer based in Hertfordshire are currently recruiting an Accounts Clerk to join their fast paced team on a temporary basis. Reporting to the Finance Manager this is a challenging and varied role working within their established finance team.
- Ensuring sales data is correct from all stores using the mainframe computer system. Correcting data that fails to appear, (or balance), entering data that is missing, and liaising with store cash office to obtain relevant information to agree each store.
- Investigating store receivables variances by contacting the stores cash offices and instructing them on what action to take.
- Liaising with Loss Prevention, Store Operations and Customer Services to ensure the integrity of the sales data received from the stores.
- Liaising with contracted Cash in Transit and Merchant Acquirer Vendors with store and customer queries.
- Reconciling cash and card receivable Control Accounts and preparing Balance Sheet Reconciliations using ReconNet.
- Assisting with Projects, System Development and User Acceptance Testing
- Investigating discrepancies between GL and bank statement
- Detecting, reporting and processing missing credit card activity (due to system failures etc.)
- Managing & controlling manual credit card processing from store downs (i.e. making sure that vouchers are transferred and processed in a secure and auditable fashion)
- Investigating store queries into double charging, over- and under-charging and processing correcting transactions as necessary
- Producing regular and ad-hoc cash variance analyses
- Producing VAT invoices for customers upon request
- Liaising with Store Operations to provide opening cash, Cash in Transit service and applicable materials for new stores
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience within an accounts environment.
- Available immediately
- Proven accurate data entry experience.
- Competent Excel spreadsheet user.
- German and Polish language skills an advantage
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.