Our client, an industry leader within the field of retail is seeking a capable and reasonably experienced Accounts Payable Assistant to join their excellent team.
The role will consist of:
- Running the purchase ledger function by ensuring accurate and timely processing of non-product purchase invoices, arranging weekly payment runs and payments on demand.
- Dealing with company credit cards by controlling the application process and credit card limits; monitoring and processing the credit card expense returns and reimbursement of employee expenses.
- Ensuring VAT is correctly accounted for.
- Communicating and responding to enquiries with suppliers, departments and other group companies in a courteous and timely manner.
- Assisting with the month end accounting close process adhering to a month end closure timetable including inter-company reconciliation, stock related reports and reconciliations; liaising closely with the Supply Chain department and, assist in processing of stock invoices, if required.
And the successful candidate will have:
- Good accounts payable experience
- Proficient Excel skills
- Knowledge or some experience of stock
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of a team and individually
- Understanding of basic double-entry book-keeping
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.