An excellent opportunity has arisen for an ACA/ACCA qualified (or part qualified) to be an Audit Senior in a friendly, motivated team. The Audit Senior would manage the audit team and supervise the audit process to ensure audits are of a high quality. This person would join a Top 15 practice who predominantly work with businesses who are privately-owned with a typical annual turnover of £10m+ in a variety of sectors.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, execution and completion of audits reporting to managers and partners.
- Identifying risk matters and raising with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Producing work for the manager and/or partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identifying and understanding client needs, suggesting potential solutions on technical matters and communicating and agreeing client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensuring the efficient execution of the audit.
- Taking primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget gaining a full understanding for the Manager.
- Preparation of accounts, reports and other assignments as required.
- Co-ordinating fieldwork at clients including liaising with relevant departments within the firm.
- Leading on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
- Development and supervision of trainees, providing feedback on a regular basis to assist career development.
This person should have up to date technical knowledge (UK GAAP, International Auditing Standards and Company Act legislation) and strong IT skills including Microsoft Word & Excel. If you are aspirational, driven individual who has the motivation to take responsibility of the role and maintain a high level of quality service then please apply for the role.
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.