We are working exclusively with a market leading Publishing organisation in Bristol to recruit an experienced Credit Manager to look after the credit control function for the business. This company has grown considerably over the past 12 months and requires a hands on individual who has experience of working within a high volume transactional business. Reporting directly into the Group Finance Director you will be tasked with the following duties
- Managing the credit control team of 8 including 1 supervisor, including appraisals and staff development / recruitment
- Responsible for managing the Accounts Receivable in the chasing of outstanding invoices, posting and allocating cash, daily Direct Debit runs, maintaining the master data of client records and performing key reconciliations.
- Experience of carrying out credit checks, to assess the financial strength of a company
- Prepare and execute collection plans targeted to minimize the level of overdue debt and days billing outstanding [DBO] ensuring cash flow is maintained to a maximum.
- Ensure that all accounts receivable activities are done in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure all credit and invoicing internal processes are continuously improved.
- Provide regular overdue debt updates to Finance Director.
Skills / Experience:
- Strong abilities within the Microsoft suite, especially within Excel
- Previous experience with a credit control department, ideally within the financial services sector
- Management and motivator
- Analytical approach to work and looking for ways to improve processes and procedures
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and debt progression procedures
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.