The FP&A manager will support the potential for higher overall Business performance: the focus of the role is to help to build the required plan with the functional heads to make things better, more effective and efficient and more value adding in that department.
Provide interpretation and insight for all aspects of functional performance, and work closely with the functional heads to achieve and exceed targets, whilst also supporting the Finance team in providing accurate and timely financial reporting.
Act as a consultant that has responsibility for identifying information needs in the business and play a key role in developing systems to provide such information.
This is a wide-reaching remit and requires a candidate who can move between high-level problem-analysis (“thinking”) and the practical delivery of outputs in a clear and concise fashion (“doing”)
Our clients Perspective
- To ensure all profit/cost centres apply their financial policies and procedures in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Identify problems, needs and opportunities for improvement at all levels of the organisation through analysing and interpreting information that will help them to achieve their goals.
- Reporting into the Finance Department but uniquely placed in the business to provide a strong link between different functions and the Full Monty.
The Functional Perspective
- To provide long and short term financial plans and interpreted analysis based on a good understanding of the business, its industry and the general economy.
- To provide insight, guidance and advice to the Functional Heads and departments to enable sound commercial decision making.
- To help drive the budgeting and forecasting processes, and be the key link between the BA team and the Functional Teams
Key Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrates integrity and credibility with all individuals
- Ability to create and maintain great relationships with anyone through being a trusted advisor of financial/commercial data
- Have a passion for Finance which excites those around you
- Effective written and verbal communicator who can articulate in a clear, simple, conscise way
- Strong analytical skills – skilled at taking large amounts of data and sharing insight from this with operators and making the complicated simple
- Previous experience demonstrating that they have been part of more and engaged with the wider business
- Ability to join the dots (commercial acumen) broader than just the financial data they would have.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring that all the Is are dotted and the Ts crossed.
- ACA/ACCA or CIMA qualified
- 3 Years+ post qualification experience
- Industry experience preferable
- System knowledge required: Excel (Advanced), Cognos Analyst (Advanced), CODA,
- A knowledge of Vena (group reporting system) an advantage
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.