We are looking for an experienced and hands on fund accountant/administrator with 2 – 4 years’ experience in a fund administration or alternative investments business environment. The individual will have a strong understanding of closed ended and open-ended fund structures (i.e.: private equity, real estate or debt). Knowledge of onshore and offshore fund structures would be a distinct advantage.
You would be responsible for a growing portfolio of alternative investment funds, acting as the contact point for clients with regards to fund accounting and administration.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly fund NAVs
- Reporting and transaction responsibility for fund vehicles and other investment vehicles
- Fund cashflow forecasting
- Quarterly fund reporting to investors
- Assist with ad hoc management reporting
- Assist with the review of cashflow and production of forecasts
- Contribute towards FCA reporting and compliance with all financial regulations
- Prepare drawdown and distribution calculation spreadsheets
- Prepare equalisation calculations
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT reporting for the various companies
- Produce monthly management accounts including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cashflows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Prepare interim accounting report and year-end report and accounts for audit
Experience and skillset
- Direct experience of client service in a professional services firm
- Reasonable knowledge of UK, Luxembourg GAAP and IFRS
- Good understanding of the legal and regulatory regimes applicable to UK and Luxembourg funds and SPVs
- Hands-on style, independent, problem-solving approach
- Proactive and ability to use own initiative
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Ability to manage time effectively, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Approach issues with a "can do attitude", driving tasks forward to a successful conclusion
- Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills for a high degree of client interaction
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small but rapidly expanding company environment with focused and motivated individuals
- Excel skills
- Strong numerical skills
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.