My client a Private equity back Manufacturing business is looking for a commercial minded Group Financial Controller to join their business based in Central London. You will be ACA qualified and currently operating at Group Financial Controller level within an international group of significant scale and complexity.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of all financial reporting
- Ensuring that insightful commentary on and analysis of financial reporting and forecasts are produced by the business units, and consolidating this into a Group perspective
- Coordination and oversight of statutory reporting and day to day audit dealings
- Coordination and oversight of budgeting, forecasting & financial 5-year planning processes
- Defining reporting outputs to meet management needs in driving business performance
- Developing & communicating appropriate accounting policies and procedures
- Ensuring adherence to financial policies, procedures and standards
- Ensuring appropriate standards of financial stewardship within businesses and Group entities including appropriate controls, reconciliations and asset verification
- Management and stewardship of capital investment appraisal process, scrutiny and approval of business requests for approval and maintenance of appropriate evaluation standards
- Deputising for Group CFO as and when required, including business unit reviews
Essential Skills & experience:
- An appropriate professional financial qualification is essential, probably ACA or equivalent
- Significant experience in a Group head office reporting environment
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP; outstanding technical accounting skills
- Previous experience in a manufacturing and project environment a strong advantage
- Strong IT systems knowledge – Hyperion / HFM and SAP or other ERP systems
- Energetic, motivated and confident manner – able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Flexible and pragmatic – able to respond rapidly to a wide range of challenges and demands in a small and very dynamic head office team
- Comfortable working in a diverse team environment both within head office and across a decentralised Group, while still taking responsibility for achieving results
My client is offering a fantastic package and career opportunity
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.