A household American-based insurance company is seeking an experienced Internal Audit professional to join their highly-reputable organisation. The exciting role comes in a highly supportive organisation where in-house promotion and career progression is a clear priority.
The caring organisation also understands the importance of family life and encourages a healthy work/home balance; supporting this with structured working hours, low travel requirements and a generous holiday allowance.
As an Internal Auditor, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reviews of various company business functions, incorporating an understanding of business processes, risk assessment techniques, GAAP and statutory accounting principles, and generally accepted accounting standards.
- Identifies risks and tests controls associated with financial integrity, operational effectiveness, compliance with rules and regulations, and system and data integrity.
- Develops audit plans, programs and specific tests to evaluate control areas.
- Analyses findings and test results and arrives at sound fact-based conclusions and appropriate recommendations for problem areas noted.
- Performs regular business monitoring of several business functions, either on their own or with a manager, by maintaining an ongoing relationship with key members of business management, attending meetings, reviewing documentation.
- Prepares documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- Contributes to the preparation of audit reports including recommendations for improvement. Works with the business in evaluating and strengthening their self-assessment programs.
- Assists in the preparation of quarterly monitoring reports that highlight any key developments. Assists in training and developing others in audit, risk assessment techniques, and accounting principles.
- Acts as a lead reviewer on smaller, less complex audits.
- Educated to degree level and/or a relevant professional qualification (ACA/CA/CIIA/CIMA).
- Strong practical audit experience from a top UK practice or blue chip organisation.
- A clear passion for audit and motivation to work in audit long-term.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal, networking and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.