Our client require a financial analyst to join their investment team, with a particular focus in commodities trading & financing.
In this role, you will be expected to assist in all stages of transactions in commodities trading & financing including assessing new opportunities, operations and booking keeping. The candidate will further be exposed to various investment projects, primarily in the natural resources and distressed assets space.
This is an opportunity to get exposure to the buy-side as part of a young and dynamic team with ambition to grow.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have up to two years of industry experience in corporate finance, trading, logistics, credit analysis or a similar field. Experience or strong interest in the commodities trading and financing space an advantage.
- Be comfortable creating and reviewing presentations concerning all aspects of our business.
- Have good command of Microsoft Excel and familiarity with corporate financial modelling.
- Have an understanding of accounting and finance.
- Be able to work independently and deliver against tight deadlines.
- Take initiative to develop broad working knowledge of the industries and markets we operate in.
- Work with the investment team on transactions, participating in team meetings and perform other duties as assigned by management.