I am working with a global entertainment business based in central London. It owns, produces and distributes a catalogue of household TV AND Film. This role is a very broad Management Accountant role with a commercial edge and a great place to work!
The role of Management Accountant provides direct support to the Finance Director. The main responsibilities of this role are for financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and management reporting. Preparing monthly financial profit and loss accounts, management reports, cash flow statements and cash flow forecasts for all companies within the business.
This role also owns the financial month-end, quarter-end and year-end activities for the business.
Responsibilities, activities, deliverables
- Preparing timely and accurate monthly financial profit and loss accounts and monthly management accounts for all companies including variance analysis and commentaries
- Producing monthly sales forecasting
- Assisting the annual budget process, including liaising with department heads and management
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements and forecasts
- Owning the month-end financial reporting process, including preparation of month end journals, intercompany recs and recharges
- Assisting with the year end audit and with the preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Program Acquisition deal analysis
Required skills and experience
- Part Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong academic background
- Entertainment or Media industry experience
- Good commercial acumen and ability to understand different businesses models and concepts quickly and efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Intermediate Excel skills
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience of producing budgets and forecasts
- TV and Film industry, productions or distribution company experience
- Experience in cash and treasury management and forecasting
- Experience of rights management and licensing, calculation of royalties/residuals
- Prior experience with Sage 50
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.