My client, a leading national business within their sector, are looking for an experienced payroll assistant to handle a large workload and work on their own initiative. You will be handling the payroll of over 500 employees, so total accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
The role consists of:
- To process payroll variables to the ADP payroll managed service on a monthly basis such that it is transmitted and paid into correct bank accounts by the designated cut off date
- To make payments of PAYE and NIC such that it arrives with the Inland Revenue by the designated cut off date
- To provide Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Returns to the Inland Revenue as required.
- To support HR in the administration of the Company’s pension scheme making payments to the Company’s pension scheme administrator by the due date.
- Administer Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of staff cost posting to the JDE General Ledger
- Ensure that knowledge and training is kept up to date by attending regular courses.
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects as required
The correct candidate must be/have:
- Proven experience of running the payroll section of a medium to large manufacturing company.
- Successful experience of running a payroll and making the required monthly and annual returns associated with it.
- Organised and methodical.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal with problems and issues under pressure.
- Competent Excel/Word user.
- Ability to work effectively without supervision but capable of seeking assistance when required.
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.