A highly successful multi-site retailer is currently sourcing for a robust Finance Business Partner to join the finance team at the head office in Milton Keynes.
This position is a key role within the business working within the FP&A team and is responsible for all financial systems, regular KPI reporting and operational performance analysis.
The role interfaces predominantly with the IT team, Operations team (Regional Directors and Analysts) and Finance team, ensuring finance systems are fit for purpose as well as providing insightful business analysis together with recommendations on Operational performance and decisions.
The role would have management responsibility for a Finance Business Partner – IT & Operations (part-qualified level).
- Main point of contact between Finance and IT; ensuring the finance strategies and IT architecture are aligned, maintaining integrity of finance systems and that the data provided fulfills business requirements
- Lead on the Budget and Forecasting process and provision of all supporting analysis
- Lead on Strategic 5 Year Plan
- Responsible for integrity of financial systems, ensuring reporting tools reflect current data
- Responsible for provision of accurate and timely corporate reporting; weekly and monthly business performance reports
- Proactive support to Regional Operations Directors and Analysts
- Provision of insightful business analysis to cover; site performance, traffic, labour, overheads, balanced scorecard
- Project Management; ongoing projects to improve reporting, data provision, system upgrades, system capability, new data sources, data flows
Competencies / skills required
- Advanced Excel skills, as well as experience of working with Access databases is highly desirable
- Report writing in financial systems (eg. Vision / Cognos BI)
- Excellent communication skills to a wide audience of all levels within a business
- Ability to influence to a wide range of management
- Financial Integrity
- Proactive and Self Motivated
- Confidence to challenge the norm
Project Management work / ability to manage end-to-end process reviews
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- Finance systems support in a similar role
- Business partnering; providing proactive support and advice to the business
- Business / financial analysis
- Analytical background within a branded multi-site business environment (FMCG)
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.