Senior Finance Manager (ACA qualified)
Location: London with Travel
What you will be doing…
Reporting to the Director of Accounting and Shared Services, the Senior Finance Manager oversees the team who are responsible for all aspects of financial accounting and Balance Sheet control, providing corporate governance stewardship with specific responsibility for capital, property and Group consolidation. In addition this role manages all Group and subsidiary external reporting including overseas, charity and pension.
Working in this Senior Finance Manager role you’d work collaboratively with the CFO, Finance Directors and Finance Business Partners to advise them on finance and management accounting. You would also be a key contributor to the overall leadership of the Taunton based Accounting and Shared Service Centre teams.
Key responsibilities are:
- Production of key externally reported financial documents including Group Annual Report and Accounts, Interim Statements and subsidiary filed statements on an accurate and timely basis
- Minimising financial risk through strong adherence to corporate governance and appropriate control of Balance Sheet items so that financial risk is minimised
- Management of the completion of consolidated statements and individual company records so that they comply with appropriate accounting regulations
- Prime responsibility for the financial management and forecasting of our clients property portfolio and capital position
- Provide consultancy expertise across the business on how best to implement strategic initiatives within the Group accounting framework and financial systems
- Lead and develop a highly effective team of 7 to deliver business objectives
- Ensure the Group complies with all relevant standards and regulations and initiates appropriate briefings /training materials to enable change as required
- Deputise for the Director of Accounting & Shared Services on all financial and management accounting aspects
London based but there would be the need to work in Taunton for 1 day a week – All travel expenses would be covered.
What you will bring…
- We would welcome applications from ACA qualified accountants with a strong proven technical accounting ability and knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP including a detailed knowledge of IFRS32 and IFRS39. You must also feel confident about the forthcoming adoption of IFRS16 and its impact. In addition you will have group consolidation knowledge.
- Ideally you will have worked within a large practice as well as within a commercial environment within a similar role. Whatever your background you’ll have a solid understanding of business environments and the ability to translate technical accounting into sound commercial advice.
- You'll be ambitious and hardworking with the ability to communicate effectively and assertively. You’ll need to demonstrate confidence building strong relationships as you'll be dealing with a variety of people at different seniority levels across our business as well as external advisers.
- You also need a questioning approach and the confidence to challenge established ways of working. Highly numerate and analytical, you will also have had experience with financial modelling.
- IT skills should include strong fluency in Excel and capability of working with IT systems, Access and PowerPoint. Retail experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
What you will get in return…
- Up to 25% discount in stores and online
- Flexible benefits package inc. company car
- Access to external discounts and promotions
- 34 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Subsidised Restaurant
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan – London only
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.