This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.cmcconsulting.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.cmcconsulting.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a promotion or survey, during the course of any other activity commonly carried out on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include (but not be limited to) your name, address, email address and phone number, personal description, job history, qualifications and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features. If you log into the website, as a registered user, your session cookie will also contact your user ID so that we can check which services you are allowed to access.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from our website onto their computers hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from our website and its external serving vendors.
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, account details, etc.) We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing telephone, fax and email details, you consent to CMC Consulting contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to give to 3rd parties who may wish to employ or engage you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the
- information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to CMC Consulting Ltd logging into your account and verify or amend any details which may be incorrect.
- You can also contact us at email@example.com should you wish to delete your personal information controlled by CMC Consulting Ltd regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You are also free to close your account through our account settings. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by sending us a message via our online platform on our website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us.
How long do we keep your data for?
CMC Consulting Ltd will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide our services to you, or for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers, clients and subcontractors for (1) the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; or (2) the purpose of sourcing your employment or engagement with a 3rd party.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CMC Consulting or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Please be aware that we may ask you to confirm your identity. If we are legally permitted, your request may be refused to which a full explanation will be given.
If you request that CMC stop using your information, please be aware that there are legal restrictions which can prevent us from removing your details from our system, such as for financial information where we will need to keep details on file for at least 6 years.
CMC Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. All candidates, clients and staff will receive equal treatment and will not be unfairly treated on grounds or gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or religion.